Thursday, February 9, 2012

The book is a pleasure...

With all the recent buzz about THE LITIGATORS (and by that, I mean all the new interest in my book!), I recently had a great review done by Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com, and even had an e-interview! Follow the links below to read the full pieces!
"The novel stretches far more than what appears on the surface as it engages its readers in the lives and hearts of its characters...it is a reminder that unfortunately there are far too many lawyers that don't consider the frightful consequences that can result from long and drawn out legal procedures and maneuverings.

What I found most surprising about The Litigators is that it is authored by someone that you would expect would be an unwavering defendant of litigators when you consider that he is an attorney who has tried over 150 cases during a career that has spanned thirty-five years. However, as mentioned in Arthur's bio, he 'was prompted to write The Litigators by his love for the law...' ...And to this I say, Amen!" ...read the review...
Norm: What motivated you to write The Litigators?
Lindsay: I had two goals in mind. First, I have always dreamed of writing "The Great American Novel" and believed my first novel should focus on a subject matter with which I was professionally experienced. The focus of my legal career has always been the defense of products liability lawsuits, and the focus of my avocation has principally involved science and the environment. So that's what The Litigators is... 
Norm: How did you go about creating the characters of Henry Holten, Allison Forbes and Dillon Love?
Lindsay: All my characters are composites of real lawyers with whom I have had cases, but enhanced to capture the idiosyncrasies I wanted to highlight in order to make them come alive as people and illustrate the character flaws I wanted to develop with the story. Like most novels about lawsuits, this one is also about good versus evil, but in The Litigators, there is a major twist to this theme...   
                     ...catch the full answers in the full e-interview...

No comments:

Post a Comment